Monday, July 18, 2005

Bush as Standup Comedian?

I don't think President Bush intended his answer to be funny, but the press corps sure thought it was. Get a load of this exchange during a joint press conference with the Indian Prime Minister.

Q: Mr. President, you said you don't want to talk about an ongoing investigation, so I'd like to ask you, regardless of whether a crime was committed, do you still intend to fire anyone found to be involved in the CIA leak case? And are you displeased that Karl Rove told a reporter that Ambassador Joe Wilson's wife worked for the Agency on WMD issues?

PRESIDENT BUSH: We have a serious ongoing investigation here. (Laughter.)


I couldn't see Indian Prime Minister Singh's face, but I'll bet he was doing his best to supress a little smile. So much for R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Read the official White House transcript for yourself if you don't believe me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home