Wednesday, August 09, 2006

CT Fallout

EVERYONE'S GOT SOMETHING to say about the Lamont/Lieberman primary. Rather than subject you to my ramblings, here's a sample of what others in the blogosphere are saying:
  • Andrew Sullivan is short and too the point.
  • John Marshall (TPM) has a column at Time.com that looks at both the Iraq Factor and the Liberal Blog factor (or neither!?!)
  • Dan Froomkin has an interesting piece in the Wash Post, calling the Lamont victory the beginning of a real anti-Bush movement. I suppose. But then again, when would a Democratic primary not be anti-Bush? I think we might have to wait until the general election to see how deep the anti-Bush sentiment is -- although recent polls suggest it's getting deeper by the day.
  • Rove tells Lieberman, 'The boss wants to help.' Rove is helping Lieberman? Details at The Plank.

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2006 6:22 PM, Blogger trevan said...

I liked Lieberman but if Rove really was trying to help him out, he's gone too far. I'm all about getting rid of the partisanship in Washington but Rove? He's the king of partisanship and I don't think he's going to reach out to Lieberman other than to use him as a pawn to help him whip up some votes for Republicans.

Doesn't Lieberman understand the polticial system? If you lose in the primary, you're done. I think it's ridiculous that he's using a loophole in the system to keep the fight going. Accept the fact that you lost and move on with your life.

 
At 8/15/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger French for a While said...

This does make November a bit more interesting, however.

 
At 8/15/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger French for a While said...

The other interesting thing about this CT race is that the RNC is REFUSING to endorse the Republican candidate. What's that about? They are going nuts to help Shays and a few others in the House, but the RNC Chair wouldn't endorse the Republican when asked about it on 'Meet the Press.'

 
At 8/19/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger j said...

What still irks me about Lieberman is how opportunistic he is.

Remember when, while being interviewed on a black radio program, he said that Louis Farrakhan did good work and he'd be interested in meeting with him?

That episode was political pandering at it's most bare (and idiotic).

Every time I get a feeling that Lieberman is an example of the political divisiveness of this nation I remind myself of that event. And also the Rove offer of help.

I can't say I'm not disappointed in Joe Lieberman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home