Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Did I Miss Anything?

I TRIED TO keep up with the world while vacationing, but it was hard while spending several hours each day on the beach, or at the pool, or eating out a nice restaurants, or just relaxing with a book. But I did get my hands on a copy of NY Times a couple of times and my television had cable so I was able to watch The Daily Show. What more did I need?

I was happy to have a copy of Foreign Policy waiting for me when I got home. The cover story is quite interesting. Here's the opening -- and you can find the rest at the Foreign Policy site (sub. required).

At 8:45 a.m., Sept. 11, 2001, we were living in the post Cold War era. At 9:37 a.m., just 52 minutes later, as the third hijacked airliner careened into the Pentagon, the post–9/11 era had begun. Everyone told us that everything had changed.
The question the article looks at is this: Has anything changed?

Also read Fiasco while away. If you haven't read it -- get it and read it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home