Monday, November 20, 2006

Highlights, Not Essays

AFTER MORE THAN a week away from a computer, there is much catching up to do. However, I'll spare the long comments about mid-terms in favor of some short highlights.

  • Dems gain control of House (no surprise), also get Senate (mild surprise).
  • I would trade Jim Web or Claire McCaskill for Harold Ford, Jr., but that's just me.
  • I hope Heath Shuler does better in Washington this time around.
  • Who would have thought the GOP would go 0-for-3 in the contested races in Indiana?
  • I'd sure like to be in Joe Lieberman's position right now.
  • Larry Sabato wins the prognosticator award (off by 1 vote in House, nailed the Senate!).
  • There were 15 open House seats held by GOP members. Dems won 12.
  • The thought of Nancy Pelosi as Speaker scares me.
  • Exhibit A in the 'Pelosi as Speaker Scares Me' case: her decision to back Murtha.
  • Hooray for Steny Hoyer (a good Marylander, by the way)
  • I'm I the only one who thought the MSNBC coverage of the elections was great?
  • I'm glad Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) and Katherine Harris (R-FL) lost big time.
  • How did George Allen go from Presidential hopeful to unemployed in 8 weeks? Surely there are reasons beyond 'mecaca'.
  • What are we to make of the Religious Right now?
  • I can think of about 30 GOP candidates who are pretty pissed that GW didn't fire Rumsfeld a few weeks earlier.
  • It was fun to listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on Nov. 8.
  • That's the only time it's fun.
  • Did you see the meeting between Pelosi and Bush a couple days after the election? They looked like two junior high students on a first date. Awkward.
  • Wow, Santorum sure took a beating.
  • How did Livingston (D-LA) keep his seat? Maybe he paid off some voters with all that frozen cash.
  • Who's ready for '08! Let the race begin.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home