Monday, September 12, 2005

What Can't Brown Do For You

Is POTUS completely out of the loop or is it possible that Michael Brown is now so insignificant that Bush doesn't need to know whether or not he has resigned? All we know is that Brown has indeed resigned -- and it looks as if Bush found out from the press! Wow. That's not going to help with the whole "we're on top of the Katrina relief effort" thing. Take a look at this exchange from earlier today:

Q Can you tell us, have you accepted the resignation of Michael Brown, or have you heard about it?

THE PRESIDENT: I haven't -- no, I have not talked to Michael Brown -- or Mike Chertoff; that's who I'd talk to. As you know, I've been working. And when I get on Air Force One, I will call back to Washington. But I've been on the move.

Q Our understanding is he has resigned, he's made a statement. Would that be appropriate -- THE

PRESIDENT: I haven't talked to Mike Chertoff yet, and that's what I intend to do when I get on the plane. You know, I -- you probably -- maybe you know something I don't know, but as you know, we've been working, and I haven't had a chance to get on the phone.

I think we can all agree that Brown didn't exactly distinguish himself in the Katrina aftermath, but you can't help being just a bit sorry for a guy whose own bosses don't seem to care if he resigns.

Oh, and Mr. Chertoff....you're now on the clock. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home