Monday, September 11, 2006

Local Voting Guide

IF YOU DON'T live in Montgomery County, Maryland, you'll probably find no interest in this post. With primary day tomorrow (Sept. 12) I'm posting who I'm planning to vote for in several of the state and local races.

Maryland Senate: Ben Cardin
Maryland House (8th District): Chris Van Hollen
Maryland House (4th District): Donna Edwards
Maryland Governor: Martin O'Malley
Maryland Comptroller: Peter Franchot
Maryalnd Attorney General: Doug Gansler
Maryland State Senate (20th District): Ida Ruben or Jamie Raskin
Maryland House (20th District): Aaron Klein, Tom Hucker, Heather Mizeur
Montgomery County Executive: Steve Silverman
Montgomery County Council (5th District): Han Reimer

I am more passionate about some candidates than others.

And in an effort to reveal all bias that I may have, I should reveal that I have worked (unpaid) for the Van Hollen, Silverman, and Reimer campaigns this spring and summer.

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you voting in two congressional districts?

 
At 9/12/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger French for a While said...

A good questions. I actually live in District 4 so I'll vote for Edwards. However, since I worked for Van Hollen during his initial congressional campaign in 2002, I feel that I have to put his name down as well. It's a loyalty thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home